Polishing a car is not as simple as picking up a bottle and applying it in your car.
There are several variables you need to consider when you are thinking of doing a little polishing to your car. The first thing that you need to consider is the condition, hardness and thickness of the paint that you are going to use in polishing your car.
You also need to consider the polishing process and tools, work space, weather condition and time available for you to do the polishing process. If you are already prepared on these considerations, then you need now to prepare yourself with the polishing process to obtain convenient and spectacular result at the end.
How to Polish a Car – Techniques and Tips
Before polishing the whole car, it is best recommended to do a test spot on your car. Always begin with the least aggressive products first and see if it upholds the best polishing result.
If not, step up to more aggressive pad and product. Complete the entire polishing process to see if it really meets your expectations.
Once are done with your test spot and are happy and satisfied with the result, do the entire polishing now. If not, go back to the first step and re-evaluate the variable that comes in to consider.
Also determine if there are things that need to be changed to help you in meet your expectations. Maybe an extra step for car polishing will do to make your car appears good and highly improved.
Here are some tips and techniques on how to polish a car successfully:
- Work at small area at a time at about 2 feet by 2 feet. This is very essential to uphold better focus on polishing your car.
- Move slow. You need to move slowly with great assurance that all car parts are well polished.
- Make use of slow and overlapping motions highlighting upward, downward and side by side motion.
- Never try to dry buff. You need to effectively work the polish. To obtain best results but you need to stop when the polish is already clear before it dries.
- Always makes use of the proper polish, pad as well as speed combinations.
- When removing some car defects, you need to make use of little pressure. Just enough amount of pressure will do to prevent further damage in your car.
- Never lift the polisher your car’s paint while it is still on.
These are just some of the techniques and tips that you need to follow on how to polish a car. Following these tips, you can obtain the best car polishing results for your car.