Parmesan cheese crumbled mussels is a recipe I’ve imagined because I had to staple up a good meal for unexpected guests.
No time to go to local store, I had to deal with what I had in stock to prepare this great meal.
I had a large piece of Parmesan cheese (Thanks to a jaunt to the Italian San Remo market!), and Parmesan cheese gave me much inspiration as I decided Parmesan cheese would be the theme of this meal, and particularly Parmesan cheese crumble. This cheesy crumble is really worth the trip and so fun!
It’s quick to do and goes well with any ingredient.
Regarding the starter, I’ve combined mussels with tomatoes, onion, basil and olive oil and topped the mixture with a Parmesan cheese crumble…
I’ve arranged this hot starter with a green salad and the starter was ready!
This flavors combination is really great, tasteful and just delicious!
Mussels with Parmesan cheese crumble can be served with green salad as a starter. You’ll get the contrast between the cold green salad and the warm Parmesan cheese crumbled mussels.
But you can also serve it as a smart appetizer in individual ramekins or in French verse (small glass jars) with a glass of rosé wine
I’ve used ready cooked frozen mussels for this recipe.
You can imagine other versions and change mussels for tuna, sardine or small shrimps. They will also perfectly match with Parmesan cheese crumble!
Ready to amaze and impress your guests?
Try this cooking style out and prepare these smart and refined Parmesan cheese crumbled mussels!
Ingredients 4 servings
- 500 gr Frozen mussels
- 2 Big ripped tomatoes
- 1 Table spoon olive oil
- 1 Table spoon basil pesto
- Dried tomatoes preserved in olive oil
- 40 gr Flour
- 35 gr Soft unsalted butter
- 40 gr Parmesan cheese (grated or not)
- Wash tomatoes and chop them.
- Reduce about 2 dried tomato in oil to a mash.
- Pour 1 table spoon olive oil into a skillet. Add chopped raw tomato, mussels and cover.
- Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Then add dried tomato puree and basil pesto. Stir and cover. Simmer for 20 more minutes and stir from time to time.
- Meanwhile, make Parmesan cheese crumble
- Grate Parmesan cheese, put it in a large bowl, add flour and soft unsalted butter. With your fingertips, rub the butter into flour and Parmesan cheese.
- Put the mussels mixture in a bake dish or in individual ramekins and top with Parmesan cheese crumble.
- Turn oven grill on and bake for about 10 minutes, until crispy and golden browned.